Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The difference b/w Thai Culture and American Culture

First of all, America is totally difference from what I expected. I thought It would be like in movies that I had seen but it wasnt. Everything is different. well, somethin is still same but ..whatever. America is really big. Its bigger than what I expected again. There are too many kind of people such as nice, mean, unpredictable, crazy, insane, workaholic and many many kind that I cant even tell all of it. I thought that all I really mean all American are really nice to Asian people who has a really bad english like me but not. some are really mean to me cause my english isnt good and I have some kind of problem to communicate. well, This is my first year what do you all expect ? but I didnt say that there arent any nice people. THere are a bunch of people who treat me nicely. I appreciate that.
Thai culture is different from American culture that we need to act politely to elder people. we cant say any bad words or act rudely to them. We need to say really formal words to elder people like Sa-wad-de means Hello. we can say like that to friends but If we want to say hello to elder people we have to say Sa-wad-da-ka to make it sounds more politely. I like american culture better sometimes. To act politely to show our respect to them not by words.
Thai houses are really close to each other. we dont have much space of yard. Maybe because I live in the capital city so I dont know about country side. Anyways, There is a difference. American houses seem like It was buit on a hill. Every houses dont have a flat land. you know what I am say like. Like a road, its flat all the way and its smoot. I bet American dont have much neighborhood. lol..... They live too far from each other. Not every houses though but my house live realllly far from the house next to me. Well, I think If I go to NY I may see something same as thailand.
My fav part about American culture is when people who dont know each other say how are you doing or say hi or smile to each other. Thats what I really like. That makes me feel like they are friendly and I just wanna get to know them. I want to do like that in Thailand when I go back but I think everyone I say to will probably think that Im crazy. I like to go to Ingle and Walmart because we can check out by ourselves. Thats really cool. well, we dont have those things in Thailand though. Thats why I want to go there and do it. lol such a little things.
However, I think I fall in love with America and American boys also.lol before I came here it was me decision to be an exchange student in America and Im glad that I came here and spend 10 months in here. I love America. I dont care who hate Asian people like me but some day, maybe not tomorrow or next year but it will be some day that I can speak english like American. and Im deathly serious about this. Im planning about coming back this summer to work with my friend who is livine in Ohio now.Its not anyone fault that I cant born to be American. Im glad to born to be Thai but I just regress that I cant speak english really well. Sometimes when people say something and I dont understand that make me feel so studpid but anyways, I Love you, America

No comments:

Post a Comment